I’ve been saying it a lot in my posts and it’s time to accept it! It’s time to go back to school! I know many people have already gone back but I wanted to put something together either way to inspire you.
Starting from the left and going vertically down the row:
- Notebooks – We all need notebooks to jot down some thoughts and important ideas we hear in class, but it doesn’t hurt to have a cute and quirky one that makes you smile. I found these ones at Urban Outfitters (my favorite is the Ryan Gosling one).
- Combat Boots – I think everyone needs a good pair of combat boots for the fall. Why not snag a pair while you’re back to school shopping? They’re comfy and go well with almost any outfit, in my opinion.
- Wallet – Go out and grab yourself a cute new wallet to store some extra cash and your ID. It’s important to have a small wallet to keep your small and important items in one place in case of an emergency.
- (Car) Key’s – Whether it’s a key to your dorm or your car you have to have a key on your. I’m going to be commuting this year so for all you commuters this one’s pretty important.
- Backpack – Where else are you going to keep your books, binders, and folders? This Jansport backpack is pretty cool because it also has a laptop case.
- Mix Tape, CD, Playlist – I put a mix tape there because I make myself a back to school playlist that has all my favorite songs that I listen to during the fall. It’s pretty nice! A good idea would be to make a playlist for your friends too, then you can swap music and it makes a cute back to school gift.
- Jeans – Does anyone else notice the back to school denim advertisements as much as I do? A good pair of jeans can go a long way! American Eagle Outfitters carries some good ones. So does PacSun, Macys, Kohl’s, and Nordstrom. It all depends on what you’re looking for low rise, high rise, between the stores I mentioned you’ll be sure to find the perfect pair.
- Flash Drive – I’ve always wanted a quirky flash drive like the batman one above. It’s makes storing my essay’s fun. It might sound silly but I think it’s cute.
- Makeup Brushes – A travel set of makeup brushes might be a good idea if you’re putting on makeup on the go.
- Cardigan – We all need a good cozy cardigan in the fall!
- Graphic Tank/Tee – Graphic shirts are always a good idea and easy to style.
- Mp3/Cellphone/Headphones – A decorated pair of headphones always make listening to music great especially if they look as cool as these skull one’s. Also whether you have an mp3 player, iPod, iPhone, Android cellphone you have to listen to your music somehow? I also love using my calendar in my iPhone to keep track of my class schedule…it’s really helpful!
- Eyeshadow Palette – I tend to wear a lot of neutral colors all year round when it comes to my eyeshadow, but during the fall and winter I think it’s a great idea to add a pop of color and that’s why I adore this palette by Too Faced it has a balance of neutrals and color that are perfect for anyone!
- Umbrella – With the fall, especially in Boston, there’s bound to be some rain. Especially since within the past few years Boston has gotten even rainier than before. So a good umbrella is always handy, keep it somewhere in your car or bag just in case Mother Nature decides to surprise you.
- Perfume – Try not to go over board with the perfume but get something that smells lovely, but isn’t too powerful. I know I’ve had a teacher who was allergic to perfume so it’s always good to be cautious.
- Glasses – I love my glasses! They may not be an essential back to school item for a lot, but I know I could go for a new pair for the fall.
- Scarf – When the weather starts cooling off you should definitely grab yourself a cute scarf they add a great element to any outfit!
- Post It’s/Sticky Notes – To leave yourself and others reminders.
- Laptop – This is essential in college, I don’t know what I would do without mine. It’s a reasonable size and portable which is all I need to write my documents in one place while I’m on the go.
- Laptop/Case – If your backpack doesn’t have a laptop case built in pick up one from any store. They sell them at Staples, Best Buy, Urban Outfitters, and more! Just make sure if you’re getting one that it’s the same size as your laptop.
- Pencils -I think the pencils above because they have cute sayings on them, but you could also grab some pends too!
- Nailpolish – For a fresh manicure.
- Lipstick – Just for a little color on the lips.
- Earrings – I love wearing studs and earrings always complete an outfit.
- Snacks (cookies, apples, etc.) – I know I added cookies but keep some snacks on you. Honestly, the healthier the better, but if you wanna grab some cookies go for it! You need to keep your energy up between classes.
- To-Go Cup – Many of us need a good cup of coffee in the morning…I myself do not drink coffee, I prefer tea. Grab that mug with whichever warm beverage you prefer and brace yourself for the first day of classes.
Good luck to everyone going back to school! Whether it’s your first day of high school, or college just keep in mind that this is going to be your year! And make sure you study hard, but it doesn’t hurt to add a little style 🙂
Have a wonderful day!